As fans mourn the loss of iconic comic Norm Macdonald, who died on Tuesday at the age of 61 after a 9-year cancer battle, a tweet he sent on Halloween day (and Reformation Day) in 2017 is getting some renewed attention.
Scripture. Faith. Grace. Christ, Glory of God. Smart man says nothing is a miracle. I say everything is.— Norm Macdonald (@normmacdonald) October 31, 2017
"Scripture. Faith. Grace. Christ, Glory of God," he wrote. "Smart man says nothing is a miracle. I say everything is."
Fans have been sharing this message in the wake of Macdonald's passing, with some outlets noting that the comic had openly described himself as a Christian.
Another Macdonald quote that is getting some attention came in 2015 when he was a judge on "Last Comic Standing."
After fellow judge Roseanne Barr praised a comedian's joke about the Bible as brave, Macdonald noted that he was less-than-amused.
"I disagree. I don't think the Bible joke was brave at all," he said. “I think if you’re gonna take on an entire religion you should maybe know what you’re talking about."
Read Faithwire to see more about Macdonald's proclamations on faith.
Want more inspiration? Be sure to sign up to receive stories like this in your email each week.
Featured Image: Instagram
Other Must-Read Stories:
- AFTER HER HUSBAND WAS MURDERED BY TERRORISTS ON 9/11, GOD GAVE THIS WOMAN A POWERFUL MESSAGE ABOUT EVIL TO SHARE WITH US ALL
- MEET THE SEATTLE COP WHO FIGHTS VIOLENT CRIME ON THE STREETS — AND PREACHES AT THE PULPIT EVERY SUNDAY
- 'THEY WERE KILLING': AFGHAN WOMAN WHO ESCAPED WITH HER KIDS AT THE LAST MINUTE CLAIMS TALIBAN ARE 'WORSE' THAN EVER
- 7 U.S. SOLDIERS WERE SPONTANEOUSLY BAPTIZED IN MAKESHIFT TUB AFTER CHAPLAINS GOT CREATIVE TO MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN
- 'WE ARE...PRAYING': AFGHAN CHRISTIAN SECRETLY HIDING FROM THE TALIBAN UNDER THREAT OF BEHEADING HAS A MESSAGE FOR THE WORLD
- 'SHARING THE LOVE OF CHRIST': NFL STAR MAKES MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT HIS POST-RETIREMENT PLANS