Actor Chuck Norris published a touching open letter this week wishing his mother, Wilma Norris Knight, a happy 100th birthday.
The "Walker Texas Ranger" star also recounted his mother's difficult early life – and her incredible, unshakable faith.
"Mom has been an example of perseverance and faith her whole life," he wrote in a WND piece. She is the last survivor of her 11-member biological family. She's also endured the deaths of her two husbands, a stepson, two grandchildren and my younger brother Wieland in the Vietnam War. She's had cancer repeatedly and has gone through roughly 30 different surgeries for a host of issues – and yet she's still here to tell about it. "
But that's not all. Norris noted that his mother has always asked God to guide her famous son, especially as he was "nearly losing" his soul in Hollywood.
"My mother has prayed for me all my life, through thick and thin. When I was born, I almost died from complications. When nearly losing my soul to Hollywood a few decades ago, she was back home praying for my success and salvation," he wrote. "She even prayed for me to find a woman to change my life, and it worked."
Norris' comments about his mother's life clearly offer an important message about the power of prayer!
Featured Image Credit: Markus Wissmann / Shutterstock.com
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- 'JESUS RESCUED ME': HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS GETS BAPTIZED AND RE-DEDICATES HER LIFE TO CHRIST — AND SHE HAS A MESSAGE FOR OTHERS 'BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE'
- 'JUST REFUSE HATE': ACTOR TYLER PERRY DELIVERS POINTED MESSAGE ABOUT 'HATE' FROM THE OSCARS STAGE
- 5 AMAZING WAYS GOD & THE BIBLE JUST SHOWED UP IN HOLLYWOOD: BIEBER, BALDWIN, CONNICK & MORE
- THE INCREDIBLE HISTORY OF PRAYER AND ITS ROLE IN AMERICA'S FOUNDING
- 'DUCK DYNASTY' STAR SADIE ROBERTSON HUFF PRAYS OVER HER UNBORN CHILD — PLUS: SHE REVEALS THE BABY'S NAME & THE BIBLE VERSE THAT INSPIRED IT