Fred and Christine Ivers recently celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary, and the husband and wife revealed some powerful secrets to their long and happy matrimony: putting God first and forgiving.
“We grew our children up in church and we have learned to trust in the Lord,” Fred told KTAL-TV last month.
The couple met when Fred was 21 and Christine was 17 and eventually fell in love, dating for a year before getting married. Like most couples, they faced ups and downs throughout their marriage and as they parented four kids.
Listen to the couple share their love story:
In addition to their love for God, Christine said that acts of affection have also helped them along the way.
"I tell him a hug in the morning and kiss at night has kept things together," Christine said.
What a shining example of a long and healthy marriage! Congrats to Fred and Christine. Want more marriage inspiration? Check out our Bible verse list about moms, marriage and love. And for more stories like this, sign up for our Pure Flix Insider weekly e-mail for edifying content delivered right to your inbox.
Featured Image Credit: KTAL-TV
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- 'BY THE GRACE OF GOD': MEET THE BRAVE 7-YEAR-OLD BOY WHO SWAM ALONE FOR AN HOUR TO SAVE HIS DAD AND SISTER
- 'MIRACULOUS': 99-YEAR-OLD MAN GETS BAPTIZED FOR THE FIRST TIME
- 'ENGULFED IN A FIREBALL': ACTOR FELL AWAY FROM GOD — BUT A NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE TRANSFORMED HIS LIFE AND FAITH
- 'THE PURE GOODNESS OF GOD': SADIE ROBERTSON'S BABY JUST ARRIVED — AND SHE'S CALLING HER A 'MIRACLE'
- 'GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU': 4 POWERFUL FACTS ABOUT ACTOR CHUCK NORRIS' FAITH
- ANOTHER DEAD SEA SCROLLS MYSTERY UNLOCKED? RESEARCHERS' FASCINATING FIND WHILE USING AI TO EXPLORE BIBLICAL FRAGMENT