Tamyra Mensah-Stock won the Olympic gold medal in the women's 68-kilogram freestyle final on Tuesday, becoming only the second American woman ever to claim the top honor in Olympic wrestling.
But while Mensah-Stock's win was most certainly impressive, it was her emotive and exhilarating reaction that left people both smiling and enamored by the champion athlete.
With a U.S. flag blanketed around Mensah-Stock's shoulders, the Olympian was so overjoyed in the wake of her win that she praised God, cried happy tears, expressed love for her country and couldn't stop herself from literally and repeatedly jumping for joy.
"I'm feeling very happy, and I keep trying not to cry, but it keeps happening!" Mensah-Stock said after the victory.
She went on the express her gratitude to God and country — comments that people across the Internet praised.
READ ALSO: THE 9 CHRISTIAN VALUES THAT CHANGE LIVES
"Of course I surprised myself. It's by the grace of God that I'm even able to move my feet," she said. "I just leave it in His hands and I pray."
And when Mensah-Stock was asked about the American flag draped around her, she lit up and said that it "feels amazing" to represent her country at the Olympics.
"I love representing the U.S. I ... love living there," she said. "I love it. And I'm so happy I get to represent U-S-A! Love it!"
Watch it all unfold:
Tamyra Mensah-Stock just won gold in Tokyo!— Art TakingBack 🇺🇸 (@ArtValley818_) August 3, 2021
This is how it’s done! God bless you and your family 👊🏼🇺🇸🙏🏻
OTHER MUST-READ STORIES:
- JUSTIN BIEBER GETS EMOTIONAL AS HE PROCLAIMS FROM THE STAGE: 'WE GOT A HOPE AND HIS NAME IS JESUS'
- 'GRAB THE BABY!': DRAMATIC VIDEO REVEALS CHAOTIC MOMENTS WHEN QUICK-THINKING COPS LIFTED A CAR OFF OF A BABY TRAPPED UNDERNEATH
- 'CRAZY!': TEENS TOTALLY TORCH TRUCK WITH FIREWORKS, BUT THIS BIBLE MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVED THE FLAMES
- 'THE MISSING LINK': ARCHAEOLOGISTS UNVEIL FASCINATING FIRST TEMPLE BIBLE FIND IN ISRAEL
- HOBBY LOBBY'S JULY 4 NEWSPAPER AD INVITING PEOPLE TO 'KNOW JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOR' SPARKS ATHEIST RESPONSE