Josh Brolin, known for his portrayal of villain Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe "Avengers" franchise and recent star of the science-fiction adaptation "Dune," celebrated eight years of sobriety this week.
"Sobriety is knowing that God is in everything and that it is made up of every color (and mixture of color) that exists," the 53-year-old and father of four wrote on Instagram this week.
"And sobriety is when your children look at you and trust what they see (and you can see it in their pupils and they way they stand before you," he wrote. "Thank you God, family, and friends for the most punk rock sobriety imaginable."
In a 2014 interview with The Guardian, Brolin talked about his substance abuse and childhood in Hollywood. He said that his 2013 arrest for public intoxication was a turning point for him. He spent the first hours of the 2013 new year in jail, but the experience proved to reset his priorities.
"I realized that I was on a destructive path," he said at the time. "I knew that I had to change and mature. It was like I stepped back and saw the hamster wheel."
Brolin is not the only celebrity celebrating sobriety this month. Actress Stacey Dash and singer Jessica Simpson both recently shared their journeys to sobriety after abusing pills and alcohol.
Join us in congratulating Josh, Stacey and Jessica on their transformations and to pray for continued health for them and their families.
Photo Credit: Instagram
Other Must-Read Stories:
- 'PEOPLE CAN BE KILLED FOR THEIR FAITH': PRAYERS NEEDED AS RESCUE MISSION CONTINUES FOR MISSIONARIES
- 'I'M SO BLESSED': 10-YEAR-OLD BRAIN CANCER SURVIVOR HAS AN EMOTIONAL SIDELINE ENCOUNTER WITH TOM BRADY
- 'IT'S DEADLY AND IT KILLS YOU': EX-MEDIUM SAYS SHE WAS POSSESSED AND SAW 'SHADOW PEOPLE' UNTIL AN EXORCISM SAVED HER LIFE
- 'GOD PROTECTED ME': PASTOR ESCAPES JUST MOMENTS BEFORE DEADLY FLAMES TAKE OVER (PLUS: FIREFIGHTERS SAVE HIS MOST PRIZED POSSESSION)
- SEE THE SHOCKING RESPONSE WHEN AMERICANS WERE ASKED IF SOCIETY IS 'BETTER OFF' WHEN MORE PEOPLE ARE MARRIED